Tuesday, September 2, 2014

You Can Never Have Too Much Happy!

Hey everyone! I took one extra day off from work to extend my weekend and what a nice day it's been! I could get really used to not working, but sadly it's too soon for retirement.  :(

So I wanted to share one of the cards I made for someone who asked me to make a stash of birthday cards. This is one of the times I can use up some of my retired stash and unused cut packs from my workshops. LOVE using up the stash!! lol
I just love the color combo yellow and any shade of blue, but navy is the best. So I created the card base with Night of Navy. The mat is Daffodil Delight and the DSP is from the retired set of Gingham Garden. That was one of my favorite patterned paper. So country and girly. I chose the sentiment from the Yippe Skippee stamp set and cut it out with a framelit from the Apothecary Framelit set. I then cut a second one in the Night of Navy to use as a shadow and then added some Rhinestone Basic Jewels. The ribbon is some retired Night of Navy 1/4" grosgrain. One of the best things about SU! products is that everything matches and you don't have to waste time looking for something to go with your project. The sentiment was also stamped in Night of Navy ink.
I followed the pattern to the inside of the card and created my sentiment from the Endless Birthday Wishes set. Such a fun font and it's a photopolymer set, which is my favorite type of stamp.

I hope you had a good start to your week after a holiday weekend. Mine will start tomorrow and I know it's going to be a busy one! Have a great week, and I thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Laurie!! The papers are so pretty!! Love the colors and sentiments!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!