Saturday, December 10, 2011

Birki Birthday Cake!

Good morning everyone! So yesterday was my birthday and I was blessed with a day of family and friends. And to top it off, my sister flew in for a surprise visit!! I haven't seen her in almost 2 years. My mom and DH kept it a secret until they arrived for dinner last night, the rats!! :) We enjoyed a fantastic bbq'd steak dinner, thanks to DH and DSIL, and then 2 of my DD's brought out this cake. For those that don't know, I LOVE Birkenstocks and leopard print anything!! So, DD #2 found a bakery here in Redding that makes specialty cakes. Apparently the owner was on the Food Network on one of their cake shows. Can you believe how real this cake looks? Right down to the buckles!! And it was DELICIOUS!!! Marble with raspberry filling!! YUM!! Sadly though, I don't own a pair of leopard clogs though, shocking as that is, but I do have 3 pairs of leopard sandals! lol Guess I have to track down a pair of these clogs now!! :) Well I hope you have a great weekend and I thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! that cake looks so yummy and what a nice time it sounded like Happy Birthday!!

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought that was a pair of Birki's when I first looked... that is so cool! My Sister is a BIG Birki fan and would soooo love a cake like this! Hope you had a great Birthday and visit with your Sister!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! It's always a blessing when something that looks so wonderful also tastes good, so that's totally awesome that your special cake was also yummy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I'm late, but HAPPY HAPPY Birthday, Laurie!! I hope your day was fabulous! What an awesome surprise of having your sister visit!! And oh my gosh, that cake looks amazing...almost too good to eat (I said almost ;)!! Happy belated birthday again :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!