Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Evening

Wow, can't believe it's been so long since I posted! It's unbelievable how much life gets in the way of play time! ;) I hope you are having a good start to your week. We have several fires burning in the area so it's extremely smokey here. I have to say that my thoughts and prayers are for those that are in these fires paths. With it being so hot and dry, it doesn't take much for the fires to take off. So since it's so smokey here that it's just best to stay in, perfect excuse to craft (after work of course!). I finished prepping two projects for my workshop for Friday and had a couple extra minutes to work on some personal stuff. I needed to make a sympathy card for a friend that lost her dad. I struggle with these kinds of cards, but they are even more important as far as I'm concerned, because you want to convey so much to the recipient. Well, I better finish this post, the Giants are playing the Dodgers and I don't want to miss it. It's a tough one for me to watch, I'm a Giants fan since we live in No. CA, but since I grew up in LA I've always been partial to the Dodgers I'll have to share a layout I made of DH and me when we were in SF at a game. We both wore our colors!! lol Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!




Supplies:

Card stock, ink, and punch - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - 3 Birds and My Craft Spot
Ribbon -  Michaels

3 comments:

  1. This is elegant and beautiful, Laurie. These are by far the hardest cards for me to make. You have done a fabulous job :) My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the fires out there, too.

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie, I thought of you when i heard those fires were so bad. I was hoping it was not too close.
    The best thing yes, is to stay out of the smoke.
    Your card is so pretty Have a great night yes and I have missed you posting.Hugs
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog Laurie..
    I am sure they will treasure this beautiful card.. I was looking at the pictures of your crop, looks like so much fun. Wish Ukiah was a tad closer to Redding..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!