Saturday, March 26, 2011

More Challenges



Happy Saturday everyone! Hope it's a good one for everyone. The sun is actually shining, at least for the moment. I have two more cards for two more challenges. The first card is for the Thank You with a tag challenge over at Celebrate the Occasion. The card base is from Bazzil, the mat, tag, and strawberry are cut from Recollection cardstock. The strawberry is from the Indie Art cartridge and the tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge, and I distressed it with a Colorbox chalk ink pad. I think the pp is from October Afternoon. I bought a single sheet from my LSS last year and had it in my stash. I used my Martha Stewart Loopy Punch on the edge of the mat and my black Gelly Roll pen for the stitching, and of course there's plenty of Stickles. The twine on the tag is from the Twinery and I used the sentiment stamp form one of the My Pink Stampers set. The second card is for the Wacky Wednesday Challenge over at More Than Favors. That challenge is to make a Manly Card. This card is a birthday card for my SIL who is a contractor. I used my Handy Man Lite cartridge. The card base is from Bazzil, the mats and wrench are from Recollection cardstock. I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder on it trying to get the look of a peg board. The pp is a sheet I bought at the Scrapbook Expo knowing it would go great with this cartridge. The sentiment stamp is from Pink by Design and the nail head on the sentiment piece is from I Rock. Well, hope you like my cards and that you enjoy the rest of your day. Thanks again for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Thanks for Celebrating the Occasion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those papers are so perfect for these cards! Very good job on both cards. Thanks for playing with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the paper and border punch! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards!! I love the papers you used! Thanks for joining us at CTO!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice job on your card, thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both very nice cards! I love that October Afternoon Paper you used in the Thank You card! It goes very nicely with the strawberry and tag! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO! Good Luck with your other challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a wonderful job. The paper is awesome. Thanks for playing with us at cto

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the stickles and that MS punch with your paper go so well together, great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what wonderful cards!! I love the patterned paper on the strawberry card! :) Thanks for joining us at CTO this week! :)
    Linda :)
    www.fancyframework.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super job! That is a great card looks like you had fun making this one
    Nice job on the challenge
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!