Saturday, June 30, 2012

First Stampin' Up Challenge


Hello everyone, how is your weekend going so far? I know the weather has been awful for so many back in the mid west and back east, and my prayers go out to all of you.  It's been a long time since I have played in a challenge. Since I became a demonstrator, I have been concentrating on not only my business, but my family as well. But that's not to say I haven't been blog surfing and visiting everyone. :) So, the other day while I was surfing I came across SU-Only Challenges, a challenge site that requires you to use only Stampin' Up supplies. What a great way to use up all my SU scraps from prepping all my workshops! So this week's challenge there was to create something with a bird theme. I used one of the recently retired stamp sets, Clearly for You. I pulled out one of the extra packs that I had prepared for a class that wasn't used in an earlier workshop. It has Lucky Limeade, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstocks, and a piece of Twitterpated DSP. The ribbon is also Lucky Limeade. I used the one of the edgelits and the new Paper Piercing Mat and template for the Edgelit and the Decorative Label punch. Then to add some bling, I added some of the pearls. Fun little card for my first challenge. I'm sorry the picture isn't very good, it was taken with my cell phone. My camera battery is dead and the charger is still in our 5th wheel from Memorial Day. Guess I need to get it soon!! lol Head over and check out some of the cute creations for this challenge, they are really "tweet"! ;)  I hope you have a good evening and thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Laurie!! I love the bird stamp and the pretty flower paper!! What an awesome card!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so pretty Laurie. I love the pattern paper you used and the design is beautiful!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card! Love the colors and how you used that edge! Thanks for playing along in the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely - especially with the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper! Thanks for joining with the SUO Challenge Design Team this time around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!