Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!!


Hello everybody! I'm sitting here w/DH watching the Giants baseball game and realized that I forgot to take pictures of his card and create my post for this morning. Wow, I'm getting bad!! We had a really nice brunch with all my girls this morning at DD #1's house and since it was already 95ish by 10:30 we hit the pool. Very nice, except I forgot my camera. Ya know, this aging thing is getting old!!! (no pun intended!! lol) But DH enjoyed his morning anyway, and truth be told, he enjoyed it more without the constant snapping of my camera. So here's his card that all but the actual card base was created from scraps. Yeah!! The card base is Stampin' Up and the rest of the scraps are Recollection. I found the black buttons in the dollar bin at Michael's and the twine is from Scrappy Mom's. Since I don't have any Stampin' Up stamps for Father's Day, I used a combination of Scrappy Mom's and Pink By Design. I made the ticket corners with a retired Stampin' Up punch and I cut the baseball bat/ball with my Cricut from the Father's Day cartridge. Very cute cartridge too! And of course, it had to be Giants orange/black colors!! :) I hope you all have had a chance to spend some time with your dad or at least call him and let him know how much he means to you. Every minute we get with our loved ones is precious, so enjoy the moment!! Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. I sure do like the fold of your card. Come see what Carri and I have been doing. : )

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, Laurie!! I love the baseball paper and the unique fold!! What a fabulous card!! So glad you had a wonderful time with your family my friend :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!