Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Saturday!

If you're here for the Scrappy Moms Blog Hop, please go here.
How is your Saturday going? I've been playing in my room today, or at least trying to. I need to make a "do not disturb" sign for my door!! lol Any way, I've been working on this criss cross card for the challenge at Birthday Sundaes, which, if you missed my announcement post, I am now a Design Team member!! woo hoo!! I start in October, but I still wanted to play along. And this card was a challenge too. I've never made a criss cross card so I went to Splitcoaststampers and watched their tutorial. It took awhile, but I did it. I used a paper pack from Stampin Up called Ice Cream Parlor, a scrap piece of Bazzill, and 1 scrap piece of Recollection. The large flower is a Recollection flower and I used some of the Stampin Up ink on it, Stampin' Up buttons, and some baker's twine.
Well, back to my room. I was asked to make a couple of cards for some friends, so I better get busy. Have a great rest of your day, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Laurie, this card is perfect! I love the colors that you chose and the flower is just gorgeous!! I'm looking forward to working with you on the DT :)
    Maribel
    ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card I love that big flower on there.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Laurie! I love the papers you used and the beautiful flower! What a great criss-cross card! So pretty! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty flower and card. tfs :) Doris
    parkernana5 at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, great card! Congrats on becoming a DT member! I'm looking forward to working with you!

    Samantha
    http://hooliewoodcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Laurie.....love the colour combo! Welcome to the DT and thankyou for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!