Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #38

Good morning and welcome to another challenge at CTO. This week's challenge is to celebrate Veterans Day. This is a special day for me, not only to commemorate veterans, but it is the third anniversary of my dad's passing. It was so appropriate for him to pass on Veterans Day since he was the most patriotic man I know. I created this layout in his memory. He was so proud to be an American and showed it in everything he did, and he wasn't afraid to stand up to any challenge. He joined the Merchant Marines at 16 during WWII and then served in the Korean War during the 50's, which was when this picture was taken. Such a handsome man!! He could give John Wayne and Clark Gable a run for their money, that's for sure!! lol I hope that you visit my fellow DT members and see what they created and then join us and show your creation celebrating Veterans Day. Also, please be sure to thank a vet, past or present, because if not for them we wouldn't be living our freedom today!! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week! Supply List: Stand and Salute Cricut Cartridge Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge Cardstock Recollection and Bazzil Ribbon from my stash Brads from We R Memory Keepers Stickles Smooch Spray Scrappy Moms and Pink By Design stamps

15 comments:

  1. Great layout! Perfect for the ocassion! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Laurie, I love that you honored your dad with this layout it is so fitting for a man who served our country. He would be so proud of you if he could see this. I really like all the elements of your layout.

    DIANA L.
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout, love that you shared those important memories with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, this is such a great way to honor your dad and Veterans Day. Yes, I agree, he was a very handsome man and I know how proud of him you are. This is just beautiful
    Charlotte DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHat a great layout! I love the dog tags and all the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely beautiful layout, Laurie, and a touching tribute to your dad!! I love all the design elements you used...fabulous :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great job Laurie!!

    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super layout and wonderful tribute to your Father!
    He was a dapper guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tribute to your father, Laurie! I love all the elements you included in this page! Fabulous!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tribute Laurie I LOVE IT!! Stampin up??? I've been wanting some stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tribute to your Dad, he sounds like he was a wonderful man and you loved him very much! He would have loved this very much and have been very proud! TFS!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Layout! Great way to Honor your Dad! Thanks for Sharing with us! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe Laurie!! This layout is so super sweet and your dad would be so proud of you!! I'm sure he feels honoured!! :) Love how you have the ribbon!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!