Sunday, April 27, 2014

My First SU! Event and a Swap

Hey everyone! Hope you've had a good weekend. Sunday evenings are always so hard for me since I've got to go to bed early for Monday. But this week is different. See, tomorrow I get to go to my first Stampin' Up event, so to say I'm excited is an understatement!!! SU! is holding a red carpet type event for demonstrators for the upcoming catalog release and since it's only a couple of hours from home, I just had to go. I also joined a swap with some other demonstrators (another first for me) and have been working on these cards for awhile. Of course, I can't ever do anything simple..multiple layers, sponging, ribbon, bling.....it's all there.  ;)



The swap was for 20+1 with at least 2 layers and 1 embellishment. I wasn't really thinking about how much work there was to making the card when I created it, but, when you are mass producing them, definitely think about it. LOL I stamped the front with People Like You stamp, then heat embossed it with clear powder and sponged it, 2 techniques I love. I love that this stamp incorporates the Decorative Label Punch so you know you just have to use it! I thought the sentiment from A Dozen  Thoughts stamp set worked perfect. Here's a complete list of supplies:

People Like You Single Stamp
A Dozen Thoughts Stamp Set
Chocolate Chip Cardstock and Ink
Bermuda Bay Cardstock and Ink
Whisper White Cardstock
Clear embossing powder
Bermuda Bay taffeta ribbon
Basic Jewels
Decorative Label Punch
Stampin' Dimensionals
SU! Daubers
Snail Adhesive

Well, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a fantastic week!! Take care!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!