Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Flourishing Happy Birthday


Good evening everyone! I hope you've had a good weekend. I was able to get in my room and actually play, so mine has been great! I made this card for a challenge over at Dynamic Duos. This is the first time I've played in their challenges, but then it's been a long time since I've played in any challenges. ;)  This week's challenge is to make a project using the colors Basic Black and Pacific Point. I think black and blue is always a striking combination so I just had to play along. I wanted to use some retiring items and the sentiment stamp, from Made for You, is one of them. I really, really love this font and wish SU! had more sets with it. The ribbon was retired one or two years ago too.


I left the inside blank so that when I give this to someone I can personalize it further. Here's a list of the supplies used for this card:

All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Whisper White, Basic Black and Pacific Point cardstock
Basic Black and Pacific Point inks
Flowering Flourishes and Made for You stamp sets
Black satin ribbon
Basic Jewels
Spellbinders die

 If you have a chance, head over to Dynamic Duos and check out the cute projects and add your inspiration to the challenge. I hope you have a good evening, and I thank you for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. This is elegant and beautiful, Laurie!! The flourish is so pretty!! The colors are striking together!! And the inside is just as pretty!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Laurie! Love the flourish and the decorative edge at the bottom of the panel. They work so well together!
    Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week...I hope you'll come back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Love the flower and decorative edge! It's a beautiful card inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card! I love the ribbon detail. Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job with this week's colours! I love all the details on the front of your card and what a nice touch to add a design to the inside as well. So glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week, we sure hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!