Monday, May 20, 2013

Thinking of You


Hey everyone, can you believe I'm back with another post? :) Before I go any farther with my post, I just want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone that has been affected by the bad weather the last few days, and especially all the families that lost loved ones today. It's hard to imagine the devastation, but know that you are all being lifted in prayer.

My post for today is a card I made for another challenge, this time over at Fab Friday. This challenge was to make a project using the colors, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple, and Soft Suede. Again I wanted to use some retiring product and thought the Thinking of You single stamp was perfect, as was the Poetry Print Designer Series Paper which has all the challenge colors!

I made a Z fold card, which is one of my favorites. and cutting out the stamp with the Window Frames  Framelits made it even easier for the flap. I used dimensionals to each layer of the stamp gave it even more depth. I used a circle die in my stash to cut out that portion of the stamp since I could never cut it out that perfect by hand. And of course I just had to add some bling! ;)
Here is the inside of the card following the same pattern. I thought the sentiment from the Blessings From Heaven was perfect for the inside. I hope you like the card and that you'll stop over at Fab Friday to see all the cute projects over there. Have a great evening, and I thank you for stopping by.

All products from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted




10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love the papers and design!! The colors are so pretty!! Awesome my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie...Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog this morning! This card is so very pretty. Love your choice of papers and the sentiment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Laurie! I love the colors and the design in awesome:)TFS!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card!! I love the Z fold and never think to make one lol!! Your DD did a great job on your blog!! LOVE the Polka Dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to make a Z fold card to show off your main panel! It really makes that window framelit stand out. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card!! Love the z fold!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card!! Love the z fold!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card!! Love the z fold!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool fold! Works nicely with that stamp and shape! Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, crisp design and great fold! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!