Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'm Back And With Another New Look!



Hi everyone, I'm finally back!! I decided that with all the things going on in my life I needed to step back and regroup. It was a much needed break. For Mother's Day my DD #2 redid my blog and since things have settled down some, I thought it's time to come back. I mentioned to her quite a few months ago that my blog needed a makeover to show that I'm a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, and I think she nailed it! I have missed everyone so much! It's amazing how you realize what is important and how much the little things mean when you have stuff going on in life, and even though I haven't been around, I realized just how much this means to me. So hopefully I can post regularly again, at least that's my plan. :)

So for my first post back, I wanted to share a card my SU! ladies did last night at our club meeting and a card we did at one of my technique classes a couple of weeks ago. The Thanks a ton! card is from our club meeting last night. I saw this on someone's blog, unfortunately I can't remember her name, but I think I tweaked it a little bit. This was created using the Oh Whale goodies in the Spring Catalog which will be ending at the end of the month. Of course, with a whale this cute you have to use googly eyes! And don't you just love the cloud embossing? I think distressing it a little with ink really makes the clouds pop.


This card was part of our technique class using the faux chalk board technique. We used some Sale-a-bration Designer Series Paper and ribbon and the stamp is one of the single stamps offered. Didn't it turn out cute? The girls enjoyed this class as much as I did teaching it. It's amazing what a little embossing powder and ink can make!

I hope you all are well and are enjoying your weekend. Thank you so much for popping by even though I haven't been around. I did visit a lot of you on my break and just loved all the creative projects you have been posting. Made me realize how much I love the paper crafting world! Have a great evening too, and I'll be back soon. Take care!





3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Laurie!! You've been missed my friend!! I LOVE the new look of your blog!! It's fabulous!! And both of your cards are gorgeous!! The whale is so cute and I love the faux chalkboard technique!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Laurie. Both your cards are whaley cute!! hello to you to. Your DD#2 did a great job on your blog. I am looking forward to seeing more of you. Thanks for coming to visit me and letting me know you are back you could enter these in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laurie,
    Welcome back! So glad your back to crafting:) Your cards are awesome! I love your sweet whale:) The papers are fun and love the embossing!
    I love the faux chalkboard look-cool technique! Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    PS/Your blog looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Be sure to leave your address so that I can visit you too!